2015年12月31日木曜日

BR2-10 Machines then and now

Machines make our lives easier. We use them to do work, to travel, to communicate, and to have fun. Some machines are simple, with only one or two parts. Other machines are complex, with many parts that work together. People invented the first machines a long time ago. They were simple tools made of stone, wood, or bone. About two million years ago people made stone axes with wooden handles. They used these tools to cut wood. Peoples also used stone and animal bone to make knives and arrows. To shoot their arrows they used bows made with long pieces of wood. People used simple levers to move heavy object like rocks. They put one end of a long stick of wood under a big rock, and they put a small rock under the stick.
I like typing but sometime I think I want not people around me to use electrics. For example, I am not good at communicate with someone who I have not talked with friendly on SNS. I think it is common to exchange our contact information after we enjoy talking  directory, but most of modern people exchange our contact information before we enjoy talking directory. Especially, I am in trouble when they don't talk with me friendly who enjoyed talking on SNS. It is very strange!! How should I talk with them? Therefore, I think electronic evolution is pretty good to make our life comfortable but I can't agree that we can't communicate with directly by too using SNS.

Quinn, R. (2010). Machines then and now. Oxford university press.


Vocabulary
chariot: 二輪馬車
watermill: 水車小屋
windmill: 風車
millstone: 石うす
sundial: 日時計
biodiesel: 生物由来油から作られるディーセルエンジン用燃料



262 words

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

words count

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit