2015年12月29日火曜日

BR2-9 Little Women

'Christmas won't be Christmas without any parents', said Jo crossly. 'It's so awful to be poor!' agreed Meg, looking at her old dress. 'It's not right for some girls to have pretty things, and others to have nothing at all', said little Amy. 'We've got Father and Mother, and each other,' said Beth gently. The four young faces round the fire cheered up as they thought of this, but then Jo said sadly, 'We haven't go Father, and we won't have him for a long time.' She didn't say 'perhaps never', but each silently thought it, remembering that he was away at the war in the South. Then Meg said, 'Mother says we shouldn't spend money on presents when our men are fighting a war.' 'We can't expect anything from Mother or each other,'said Jo.

I have read this book in Japanese many time when I was young. This is really good book but I couldn't notice before. I have a older sister and now she live in same house. When she leave our house I was really sad. Now I think I turned on her all things of me. Recently, I become to be able to decide myself anymore and the memory which she and I spend same time when we were young become very important thing. therefore, this book recall important and beautiful family memories to many people, so I think I will read it many times from now on.



Allcot, M. (1955). Little women. Oxford Bookworms Library.



Vocabulary
beat: を打つ
sensible: 賢明な


248 words

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

words count

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit