2015年10月19日月曜日

BR2-04: The Outside Dog


Their neighbor up the hill was Dona Elvira. She owned a little colmando, where they bought their groceries. Their neighbor down the hill was a fisherman named Nando. Sometimes, in the early morning, Marisol went fishing with him. There were many dogs on the hill. They were strays. No one owned or took care of them.


This is a good book. when I was a child, I thought I wanted to have my pets many times. I wanted to have a dog, cat, bird or hamster. However, my parents had never agree that I have a pet because they will have to pay many money foe feeding. And also, they said " You would be very sad, If your pet dead. Every pet will die surely someday." so I had never had any pets, but I often dream of playing with any pets someday like a little girl in this book. Certainly, her grandfather disagree to have a pet, but she can play with the dog.

Pomerantz, C. (1933). The outside dog. USA: Harper Collins.

Vocabulary

stray: 道に迷う
flea: のみのように跳ぶ小虫
tick: ダニ
sip: 少しずつ飲む
mutt:野良犬
collar: 首輪
leftover: 残り物



174 words

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

words count

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit