2016年1月26日火曜日

BR2-13 Seasons and Celebrations

In Britain, Canada and the USA, in each of the four seasons, people enjoy different festivals and celebrations. Thousands of the years ago the people of Britain were pagans. In their religions, the sun , the moon, the winds, rain, animals and trees were all important, and they had festival for them. When Christianity came to Britain, the people wanted to keep some of their old festivals. Hallowe'en Christmas, Saint Valentine's Day and Easter are all examples of this.
I think Japanese celebration is very rare for people in another countries because Japanese people celebrate Shogatsu, Setsubun, Bon and also, but on the other hand they celebrate Christmas, Valentine and Halloween. This is because Japan has many kind of religion. For example, my family don't have specific religion. My grandmother likes Catholicism and Buddhism, and I went to Catholic kindergarden when I was child. I thought it wasn't understood by people who believe only one religion. However, several month ago, I asked a French man about Japanese rare culture of celebration, he understand about it.


Maguire, Jackie. (1977). Seasons and Celebrations. Oxford University Press.

191 words


Vocabulary
parliament: 議会
gunpowder: 火薬
pantomime: 無言劇

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

words count

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit