2016年1月30日土曜日

BR2-14 Under of the Ground


In 1940 five boys were waliking with their dog in the hills near Lascaux in France. Suddenly the dog fell down hole in the ground. He was not hurt, but the boys could not touch him because the hole to widen it. 'I think there's a cave under here!' said one of the boys. 'Good boy!' he called to the dog. 'We're coming!' One by one, they went down through the hole into the cave. 'It's dark in here! Has anybody got a light?' One boy had a box of matches. By their light the boys could see wonderful things. Pictures of animals covered roof of the cave.
This book recall an earthscience class which I took when I was a high school student. I really liked that class and was looking forward to seeing earthscience teacher. I prefererd to study astronomy than about ground, but I could understand about ground of science better than astronomy. And also, I think it is important to know about under the ground for Japanese people because a lot of  earthquake  happened in Japan, so we should know about it and take steps to deal with natural disaster which we can't know when it will happen.


Barder, Rosemary. (1998). Under the Ground. Oxford University Press.



Vocabulary
stalagmite: 石荀
limestone: 石炭岩
stalactite: 鍾乳石
chamber: 部屋
waterfall: 滝


219 words

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

words count

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit