2016年1月2日土曜日

BR2-12 Super Structure

A structure is something made with many parts, like a house, school, or a bridge. It can be made of different materials like bricks, concrete, glass, wood, or metal. A super structure is very big, very long, or very tall. Tunnels go underground, or through the ground. We use tunnels for mines, trains, and road traffic, or to carry things like gas or water. Tunnels are usually made of metal and concrete. One of the longest tunnels in the world is the Seikan Tunnels in Japan. It's nearly 54 kilometers long! It goes between two islands. It was built because it's too dangerous to travel by boat. The tunnel is for trains, but now many people prefer to travel by plane..
When I went to Paris, I field how much different from structure in Japan or Paris. I think Japanese structure is focus on using it easy. For example, Japan has many Barrier-free facilities. However, when I saw the view in Paris, I field that Japanese structures don't focus on landscape, so I could enjoy just walking because it was in Paris. On the other hand, if I had been a old woman or had any handicap, I would prefer to live in Japan than Paris. In addition, I noticed that is same aspect that high-rise buildings can symbolize a success.





Undrill, F. (2010). Super Structure. Oxford university press.


Vocabulary
anchorage: 支柱
skyscraper: 超高層ビル
rotate: 回転する
sculpture: 彫刻
submarine: 海底の
spacewalk: 宇宙遊泳
astronaut: 宇宙飛行士



228 words

1 件のコメント:

  1. I field >> I felt
    a old woman >> an old woman

    And please check the title of the book!

    返信削除

words count

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit