2015年11月16日月曜日

BR2-5: The fish and the ring

There once was a powerful Baron. He had magical powers. With a magic book, he could look into the future. One day, he looked into his young son's future. He saw a baby girl from a very poor family. His son would marry this girl one day. This news made the Baron very unhappy. However, Baron knew the baby's father. He decided to visit the man, He had a plan. The Baron rode his horse to the house of the baby's father.The poor man looked at him with tears in his eyes. "Well, sir, I had five children. I can't feed them all" he cried. "Don't worry. I can help you." The Baron told the man. "I have always wanted a daughter. I will take the baby. You will not have to worry about her."



This story was very interesting!! I couldn't imagine how this story was finished until I finished to read it all. On the first time, I thought I want this magic book which I can look into the future. Really I want it! However, this story was taught me that you can't change your future, so I was sad because I want to believe we can change whether the future will be good or not depends on us. On the other hand, the reason why I thought this story was very interesting that at the first sight The Baron change girl's future but actually he made the girl's future better.

Jacobs, J. (2012). The fish and the ring. Compass Publishing.



Vocabulary
Scarborough: イギリス、イングランド北部のノースヨークシャー県東部の都市。
frightened: 怖がらせられる
nobleman: 高貴な生まれの人。貴族。
daughter-in-low: 息子の妻


252 words

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

words count

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit